Friday, January 06, 2006

Montreal at Night





The first picture is out our hotel window. I found the building with the white lights in the corners very useful because when we were out walking around I could usually find that building in the skyline and figure out where I was (this did not work all of the time because we ended up on the back side of it and I was say "our hotel should be right here.")
The second picture is out a bar window on Rue St Laurent. Our group of six received excellent service in this establishment. It was so exceptional that I can't even remember the name of the place. The female bartender stood with her hands crossed the entire time - staring us down. The best part is we were the ONLY patrons in the entire place.
Park Place was a bar found by the cow. While he was peeking through the window he said, "those people want to be our friends!" Boy did they! GoS found out about the ole Italian guys sex fetish and the fact that he had just had ALL of his teeth capped (reason #1 to drink). Els and the cow met Eugene which with a name like Eugene do I need to say more? The bartender was a 50ish female who said, "I will drink with you just as soon as my Thai food arrives."
The last three shots were taken in Vieux Montreal. It was very festive with the holiday lights and the cathedral was all decked out in blue lights with small snow flakes glistening.

No comments: