Sunday, May 06, 2007

Indie Wine Fest





The cow and I joined approximately 200+ other enthusiasts at the Indie Wine Festival. We spent the afternoon sipping wine from small scale producers that create less than 2000 cases per year. It was held at Urban Wine Works in the NW area of Portland.
We sampled many Pinot Noir's but the surprise of the day were the Rose’s and Viognier’s which are being grown in Eastern Oregon near Hood River and Yakima Washington.
Many restaurants were offering various small bites. We sampled a chilled asparagus soup with crab that was delicious. There was an artisan pizza maker that brought his own brick oven to the event. My favorite foodie was the Cheese lady. She is opening a cheese store in the wine city of Carlton (super cute town - this is where the cow and I spent his birthday) called Horse Radish. She was offering various styles of blue cheese for sampling. My favorite was a very, very soft/liquidy blue that simply melted in my mouth. As I am writing about this little slice of goodness my mouth is watering.
We purchased a few bottles and after three hours of sampling we decided it was time for a cocktail and food.

No comments: