Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Spoiled?



OK - so you can say I am a bit spoiled. I flew to Sacramento last week to visit mia sorella and venture on to where my parents live in Woodlake, CA. My sister and I were planning the 3 1/2 hour drive from Sac to Woodlake when the Debonair gentleman from Woodlake (AKA my Dad) offered to fly up to Rancho Murieta and pick us up - which turns a 3 1/2 hour trek into a 1 hour fly by. I have named his air service "Go-Mo!"
I am not the most stable passenger when it comes to flying but I will say that I am much better than in the past. On many occasions, I had to sit with my head between my legs and talk myself out of vomiting. The flight from Rancho to Woodlake was going quite smoothly until the tower in Fresno came on and said "you have a plane coming straight at you 2 miles ahead, Turn Left NOW." Chris made a sharp bank left and I swear every part of my insides was in my mouth.
I had a great weekend. Both sisters have pools and there was not a cloud in the sky for the entire time I was in Cali. "Just the girls" went to a great Thai lunch and off to get our toes done. We sat outside every night while my sister and her husband qued up some great salmon tacos and grilled vegetables oh yeah there was endless pitchers of mojitos also.
I am now back in beautiful Portland ready from a great summer. Temperatures here are hitting the high 80's next week just in time for 4th of July!

No comments: