Monday, September 19, 2005

Balance
















HoY is ours! Do you know what that means? Yes! Work! Any of you who have some free time on your hands we have plenty of yardwork, painting, and demolition. I know some of you have time off right now and you are calling it a SABBATICAL so get your asses up here and get your hands dirty. The cow and I are trying to balance our work with some fun. It is very hard because of my Type A personality (I really don't know exactly what that means but I do know that when I start something I want it finished in the same day). Thursday night we took a stroll for a cocktail and found Free Rosemary (don't ask). On our way through Jameson Square park there was a photography class so I decided to take a picture of the picture takers. The best was "Griffin". One bitchin' cat! He is 11 years old and has been on a leash since he was 6 months. Griffin goes out twice a day to scare the dogs in the neighborhood. You can see that Griffin was not excited about the "barker." As we walked through the park the "barker" kept barking and Griffin kept staring as if to say, "If I acknowledge you I will be as dumb as you."
Friday night we headed up to St. Johns to see a movie and have a burger (veggie of course). The McMennamins allows us to do both at the same time. We sat in an old church and watched War of the Worlds and had a damn good vege burger and a bottle of wine. When we were checking out the little town, I saw this old gas station. Those of you who are in or around Sacramento think about the old gas station on the corner of Alhambra and T street. You know the one - it has eyesore spray painted on the side of it. I believe it could look like the one in the picture. It could be cool and I always wanted someone to buy it and make it into something awesome.
As the weekend was coming to a close we (owners of HoY) decided we should get some work done. We hired this guy named Guy to help us clear out our storage unit and he was great. He actually figured out a way to get our washer and dryer down the widow maker steps into the basement. We then decided to paint the living room and you know that it has to have some color. You could say we got the color idea from the tomato plants in the backyard - it is called Tomato Red!

1 comment:

El Serracho! said...

this is a good post, but .. where are you?

you act like you have something better to do than sit around in front of the monitor all day.

sheesh.