Monday, August 21, 2006

Pedal, Pedal, Pedal




It was clear and hot - time for a bike ride. The river was on one side of us and farm land on the other. We had a great time. There were a few hills (I don't like hills) and great scenery. I told the cow while riding I wished everyone who read my blog could smell the wonderful smells of summer. I am going to do my best to recreate one of the best smells ever! Ready? The sun is shining on your skin, it is about 80 degrees, you smell dirt and then it has a tinge of wetness to it. All of a sudden a blackberry cobbler has been pulled from the oven. The intense berries waft in the air. You want a spoon and ice cream to go with your cobbler, but you realized you have just rode past the most over-producing berry bush you have ever seen. I have been craving cobbler every since.

No comments: