Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sun and wine





A day in the sun enjoying the product of the vine. The Portland Metro area has accumulated over 11" of rain for the month of November. So, you can understand when I say how WoNdErFuL it was to have sunshine the day of wine tasting. My sister and her husband, joined the cow and I exploring new wineries that are generally not open to the public. We started at Cooper Mountain which is a biodynamic producer. Ponzi was second, they had a really good red table wine - Tavola. We ventured down the road a bit and found Beran Vineyard. This is a very small producer, but I thought they had created the BEST Pinot Noir we had all day. This winery was also featuring a local bakeries products-Fressen Artisan Bakery (I am dedicating an entire blog to this so stay tuned). Many of the breads were very good but a couple just plain strange tasting. We then found Freja Cellars. Very nice Pinot Noir - both estate and limited bottling. We purchased a couple of bottles here. I don't have much to say about Oak Knoll winery other than they had a singer with a very powerful bose speaker. Our last stop was David Hill- the cats are the hill cats. This is my all-time favorite winery. We have been here multiple times and the wine keeps getting better and better.

No comments: