Friday, July 29, 2005

Alberta Arts

Thursday nights are going out nights in ole PDX. People go out in mass. I have NO pictures of all of these people because my camera died. The cow and I actually drove, there were cobwebs on the car-I tried to take a picture that is when I realized I was screwed when it comes to photo journaling for the evening, to the NE/SE to enjoy a beautiful evening of people watching. We first headed to Noble Rot had a couple of glasses of wine and the onion tart (delicious). While reading their menu they were announcing that Thomas Keller and Jeffrey Cerciello will be visiting the restaurant on August 14 - of course the event was full and they were taking names for the waiting list.
Next stop Alberta street, known for the famed Alberta Arts Last Thursday Event. We went to pick up a small piece of art that we had purchased the month before. We went to EveryDayWine where the art was waiting for us packaged like a Present. Walking down Alberta is so fascinating because the people are so fun to watch. Last night seemed to be Stilt-Walkers Night! There were about 4 girls 1 guy dressed the best I can describe it is like a goat? The girls had on really short white shorts (els stop slobbering) and then their stilts were covered with this light gray hair looking stuff and the bottom of the stilt looked like a hoof. They would squat down at your level and then rise into the sky. It was kind of eerie. I think I had a nightmare about it.
The best part of the evening was when we were walking along to find food and I saw this young boy (maybe 9) holding a sign. I read the sign, hand written on an unfolded box, and kept walking. Once I realized that the sign said, "Stop, Watch Jeremy's shoestring levitate!" I stopped in midstride and turned and looked at Jeremy and he said in a calm cool voice, "It's amazing!" I thought I was going to bust-a-gut laughing. He was so serious. After eating dinner and walking back to the car I was still laughing. In my head I could see and hear him saying, "It's amazing." My only regret of the evening...you guessed it....not watching Jeremy's shoestrings levitate.

No comments: