Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I don't really like the color purple....




















For those of you who do not know about my life of leisure let me explain. I have the opportunity to leave the house whenever I want (but I don't), I can go meet friends whenever I want (but I don't have any here), or I can take my camera and feel like I am doing something (the blog). So, when the cow asked if I wanted to hit a farmers market during lunch I jumped on it and took my camera with me. The cow has described a coffee shop that he has frequented that is part of the Everett Street Autoworks. Literally the auto shop has blocked off one of their bays and the tiny Baker's Brewed Awakening was produced. The cow said iced americano's are excellent and service is worth going to because the workers are exceptional. PDX has a great farmers market series. You can go on Saturday, Wednesday or Thursday. They seem to have more variety than the markets in Sac because most vendors carry highly different products. The cow and I set out for the market but didn't seem to find it so we had lunch from the "Fuego" burrito cart on the hill leading to PSU. My adventurer had to go back to work so I decided to walk on home with my camera and I found the market we were looking for. It was busy - see picture. I am in love with berries. I buy and eat them every chance I get. Today it was a purchase of Marion berries. The young man who sold them to me said, "go ahead mam, try as many as you want." Obviously, he did not know who he was talking to. The photo of the lavender should come with a scratch and sniff because you don't understand the wonderful smell it releases. The greens at the market, anything from arugula and spinach to chard and dill, ARE GREEN - I LOVE GREEN. I love the way it looks, smells and tastes.
OK-the bikes! I don't really know the story...but give me a sec I am going to go find something- OK can't find anything about the bike art because my tech person stepped out for a cup of coffee. Here is my story about the bikes. The are all kids bikes. The largest pile was started back in May because when the cow and I were here looking for a place there was only a few on that bike rack. Now the second picture is about 10 steps from the first one and seems to be getting larger by the day. Don't know why, but thought is was cool.
Now the yellow line has a really great explanation. It is ART. Brad Atkins covers Francis Alys was an art walk which took Brad walking through the streets of the Pearl with a paint can with a hole jabbed in it. As he walked paint splattered on the sidewalk and as far as I can tell he was trying to get a reaction from people. But what he really got was a bunch of art students following him. The original by Ayls seemed a bit more interesting because Francis seems a bit more interesting (Francis Aÿls gave art students everywhere a shot of inspiration by taking a different drug every day for a week then walking it off). So the yellow paint dribble can be followed through the Pearl and is quite fun at times.
Last but not least are the Marion berry martini's - they speak for themselves! WE have grown to love Vault!
Now back to the title...I don't really like the color purple (or pink) but I like the products that are purple.

I know these blogs have been long. I am going to start breaking them up so I can give detailed information on a couple of subjects

No comments: