Monday, September 25, 2006

Favorites from the weekend...more to come





A few of my favorite pictures from the weekend. The cow and I were joined by his parents for a brief weekend on the Oregon coast. I will fill you in on all the fun in a few more posts but I wanted to share with you a view of what I encountered.

First, the beach town of Manzanita is my kind of place. There is a coffee shop, bakery, brewery and mexican joint. It also has a fabulous beach. The weather was perfect - almost hot!

Second, Astoria sits at the mouth of the Columbia river. There is a great promenade that follows the waterfront. The cow and I walked for a few miles on this route. We actually wore out the in-laws.

Lastly, a pieceful moment with a view from Pier 39 without the hussle and bussle of San Francisco. The pier was home to BumbleBee tuna. Did you know that prior to tuna being packed in tin cans it was salmon?

1 comment:

El Serracho! said...

salmon turns into tuna when you pack it into cans? wierd. i did not know that.