Sunday, September 17, 2006

Inspiration



Inspiration abounds walking from Sellwood to Moreland on a lazy Saturday afternoon. As you already know I have a fascination with the horse project. I caught the Moreland horse getting ready for a gallop while still tied to her post. I will refer to her as Thunder from here forward.
Looking over Oaks Bottom Park on SE 13th and Bybee was a young, energetic artist. He was painting a lovely rendition of the west hills in the darkness of puffy white and gray clouds. He was a very physical painter - bending and moving to get the right stroke.
Lastly, the beautiful red sunflowers are reaching for the sky as the sun breaks in the early afternoon. They are deep red with tiny yellow seeds in the center. I hope they last awhile because they make me smile when I see them.

No comments: