Friday, August 05, 2005

These boots are made for walkin'





















Well, I guess I got your attention with the title. Can't you here Nancy Sinatra singin and the music in the background. I love that song! Went out yesterday with my boots ready to find a house in a great neighborhood. I actually saw 5 homes that all had potential in some way. The house with the most outward potential was in the SE on 55 just below Mt. Tabor we will call it Cape Cod style. As you can see it sits up on a small hill and it faces west and it has large windows. The inside had a huge living room and dining room with awesome original builtins. Then my boots and I made it into the bathroom. It was PINK! Some of you know how much I despise Pink! I don't even know why I hate PINK! There must be some hidden dark secret of Pink bunny rabbits chasing me as a child (that is for Chris - if he is reading this). Back to the pink bathroom, not only the toilet was pink by the bathtub and the sink and the best part was the accent color was BLACK, of course, so the pink would stand out more. The kitchen had potential also. It was large but there was NO update. Still the old sink and no dishwasher (oh my) and the best was the floor (see picture). But this place had a beautiful front room and huge bedrooms upstairs. After looking at all the homes I realized how much I loved my former home. It really was quite charming! Enough of that!
Once home I changed from my boots to my flip-flops because it was HOT here yesterday - 98 degrees. It was also 1st Thursday in the Pearl - people come out of the woodwork to look at art, eat in the fufu restaurants and most importantly BE SEEN! I have wanted to take pictures of the way people are dressed but I am not stealth enough yet. I did get a shot of the two young ladies above shopping for art (or something else?) - they are so classy. About three blocks from my home in THE PINNACLE - there is a park named Jameson Square - The Pearl. It has this water feature that simulates the tides and has a nice little waterfall. It is estimated that about 25 children live in the area known as "the Pearl" but if you take a look at the picture there are way more than 25 children enjoying the park. It is literally like this EVERYDAY. You can't see the grass because there is so many people. And it is not like there is a park problem in Portland but MANY people drive from far and wide to have a day at this particular park.
Art and People are everywhere on 1st Thursday. They block off a street and you can buy paintings, photography, jewelry, designer/hand sewn clothing, etc. We opted to have a drink and discuss the houses that I had seen and stroll back home through the streets of art. A most enjoyable evening! Hope yours was too!

No comments: