Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Walk












I spent yesterday working on my portfolio in hopes of someone wanting to interview me, le t me just say no one is beating my door down, and I decided today to go out. I did want to pick up a few items from the ole storage unit so walked a couple of blocks. One thing everyone needs to ask themselves is "WHY DO I HAVE THIS STUFF?" Trust me - get rid of it, you don't need it, it is going to cost you money in the long run. After the work was done, I headed down to the Farmers Market to purchase lettuce in hopes of having a salad at dinner. I also picked up peaches that are so juicy you have to eat them next to a sink and blackberries. Tonight we feast! What is great about the market are the people. It is so fun to eavesdrop on conversations and watch what people buy. I liked the music today - very folksy!
Wanted to do a bit of shopping and the cow told me there was an entire mall near Pioneer Square. There was a ton of people out in the square just having lunch and enjoying the warm weather. I didn't believe him about the mall but right there taking up 4 blocks (you would never know from the street) is a four story mall called Pioneer Place. You can move from block to block under or above ground. I got a bit turned around inside. I don't like large stores - like the Greatland Target - it scares me and I get frustrated when I can't find stuff (yes I know you are all thinking ME get frustrated - it happens so rarely). When I came out of the mall I realized there was a vespa/scooter dealer across the street from Tiffany's - only in Portland.

Oh, I almost forgot! For dinner last night the cow made panini's with carmelized onions, goat cheese, and fig jam spread - OH MY - Food of the Gods!

3 comments:

El Serracho! said...

SH- you didn't believe the cow about the mall.

GoS says this kinda thing too and - after all these years of the cow and i being correct about ALMOST EVERYTHING, especially where stuff is - how is it that you people still doubt? do you want to put your hands in my wounds thomas?

sinisterhaley said...

thomas don't do it!

El Serracho! said...

thomas is you. apparently you need to bone up on your bible stories.