Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fife






















This is a long time coming. As you have probably noticed I took a siesta from blogging. There was a gap of about a week where I did not seem to be able to sit still long enough to write. I wanted to inform you of this great place in the NE called Fife. The building is rustic and artsy at the same time. There is a large sculpture and a water mass but the parking lot is what caught my eye. There are only 10 small spaces and a huge bike lock up. Each space in the lot is adorned with a sign similar to the one above. I have been searching trying to find the meaning behind them but haven't yet. Another one of life's little perplexities.
The food dude of Portland has reviewed Fife and gave it a 3 out of 4 stars. We only partook in dessert and although it was tasty I don't have the right to comment on the food overall. We did watch the chef/owner, Marco Shaw, pouring his staff in the kitchen a drink after their hot, hard work (I totally respect that).
There was also a very good interview with the chef/owner which made him out to be a quite humble person. I will go back and try it out for dinner soon...

No comments: