Monday, February 13, 2006

Hey Lady!


















As I was walking down the street I heard this tiny little voice. It said, "Hey, lady! Stop! Look at me - I have been working really hard to get out of this ugly brown stuff. I have been beaten down by the rain, but I just keep on striving to make you smile. But, you have to STOP and notice me." Well, I couldn't refuse such a quiet request.
When I finally did stop and notice this lovely little flower, I realized how unique the inside was with the bright orange pistel (is that what it is called GoS?) but the blooms were the most amazing. A brilliant purple with tiny little stripes. The flower stood no more than 3 inches high. A remarkable feet of nature.
Then as a strolled a bit further there was an entire chorus of ...."Hey, Lady! Stop! Look at us!
These lovely little darlings are popping up everywhere. The sun came out for a few days and they are climbing towards it.
It makes me smile just thinking of their beauty and hard work.

2 comments:

El Serracho! said...

wow.

you've just made my desktop background for the first time. congratulations.

sinisterhaley said...

This little guy just makes you smile huh?